Salary: $55,000 + Super
Location: Wentworthville NSW
Belhaven Manor is a Tuscan-inspired wedding and events venue that is elegantly designed with antique-style features, water fountains, gorgeous courtyards, and a sweeping private balcony. The venue has three self-contained, private rooms that boast a simplistic elegance and gorgeous outdoor spaces.
Belhaven Manor is home to Belicious Restaurant; a predominantly Indian restaurant which offers eclectic Indian-fusion combinations. Indian-Chinese, Indian-Italian and Indian-Thai fusion dishes can be found on the innovative menu, as well as more authentic Indian dishes from different regions. Belicious is now looking for a passionate Chef who can start work ASAP.
- Planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies.
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation.
- Discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Dietitians and kitchen and waiting staff.
- Demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures.
- Preparing and cooking food.
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations.
- May select and train staff.
- May freeze and preserve foods.
- Minimum two years' experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Experience in Indian cuisine highly desirable.
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery or Hospitality (e.g. Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery).
- Enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- Must have a passion for creating innovative, refined, delicious food of a high calibre.
Please APPLY NOW if you feel you suit this position.