Location: West Pymble, NSW
Salary: $57,000.00 + 9.5% Super
Work Type: Full Time
The Sawmill is an Italian Cafe, Restaurant & Pizzeria with a warm environment that's inspired by the history of the Pymble area. The use of natural and recycled timber throughout the space reflects the early use of the local area. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Sawmill has a large menu filled with authentic Italian favourites as well as some fusion dishes.
They are now seeking a driven and experienced Head Chef who can lead the kitchen team with professionalism, diligence and pride.
- Planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Dietitians and kitchen and waiting staff
- Demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures
- Preparing and cooking food
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations
- May select and train staff
- May freeze and preserve foods
- Must have a minimum of two years' experience in Head Chef role.
- Must be driven with excellent leadership qualities.
- Must be qualified in Cookery or Hospitality.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, please apply for the role now!