Salary: $60,000 plus Super
Location: Sydney, NSW
Midas Construction Australia are Sydney based Builders who specialise in managing projects from design through to completion, whilst delivering a professional and personal service. With more than 20 years’ experience in the building and construction industry, our team are highly skilled and experts in their field. Our scope of works includes small renovations, new builds, shop fit-outs through to large scale commercial projects. We are now looking for an experienced and qualified carpenter to join our team.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools.
- Work with and/or remove hazardous material.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Instruct and direct laborers, apprentice and other trades
- Moves necessary materials around the jobsite as assigned.
- Maintain records, document actions and present written progress reports.
- Minimum 2 years full-time experience
- Relevant qualifications