Location: Wetherill Park NSW
Salary: $62,400 (per annum) + Super
We are looking for an experienced welder who wants to come and join our dynamic and busy team. You will be working on a diverse range of designs, taking on new and landmark projects through innovation and collaboration with a strong emphasis on technical excellence. You will have the opportunity to take the next step in your career and develop to your full potential, alongside owners of the business.
Your duties will include:
- Examining plans, blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements then choose which welding method/s to utilise.
- Selecting, cleaning and preparing metal and metal surfaces to undergo cutting, gouging, filling, grinding, welding or bevelling.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal using gas shielded metal arc (Welding and fabrication)
- Cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines.
- Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting.
- Inspecting welds for width of bead, penetration and precision.
- Finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions.
- Cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding.
To be eligible for this role:
- Trade qualifications in Welding
- Minimum five (5) years post trade experience preferred with Mild steel, Stainless and Aluminium, Mobile Plant, Industrial Machinery, welding, oxy cutting, assembly and of mechanical components, pipe work and valve fitting are some of the main duties required
If you are interested in this position, please apply now by sending your CV to email.