Full Time | Perth | Chef
Our aim has not changed since our formative days; the dream to create something special. The idea that chocolate could inspire, to ignite connections with chocolate’s deep sensory pleasure and personality. The first Chocolate Salon opened in December 2003 and as luck would have it, our delight in sharing the immense pleasure and happiness of chocolate has turned into an Australian business now employing over 250 people.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pastry Chef to join the team at our new Salon in Perth CBD in early August 2014.
- Create consistent handcrafted pastries and cakes with maximum efficiency and quality
- Ensure quality control of production by reviewing construction of product against recipe and standards, making adjustments where necessary
- Support the Pastry Supervisor to modify, design, improve output as needed
- Coordinate production in the area of preparing, loading, baking, un-loading, de-panning, cooling of batches of pastry products
- Monitor and ensure quality of ingredients at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Operate any machinery involved in rolling and moulding and cutting dough
- Ensure proper maintenance and care of bakery equipment and compliance with kitchen hygiene and OHS requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work well within a team to achieve shared goals
- Pride in performance and energy and motivation to achieve the highest standards
- Expert knowledge in safety and hygiene of food preparation, kitchen equipment, sanitary food handling practices (HACCP experience preferred)
- Experience and passion for delivering inspirational and memorable customer experiences, in a hospitality and/or retail environment
- Willingness to learn about and sell produce requiring specialist knowledge
- Warm and authentic communication skills
- Flexible availability
What we offer:
- A beautiful working environment
- Delicious produce to sample!
- Generous discounts on our produce range
- Learning and development potential
If this opportunity excites you, then do not hesitate to apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.