Work Type: Full Time
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000.
Hotel Service Manager/Head Housekeeper for hotel located in Canberra, ACT.
• You will be responsible for supervision of Housekeeping Team during day-to-day operations
• You will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing team members to ensure the highest
degree of guest satisfaction
• You will be responsible for daily supervision of the grounds keeping staff, including the day, event,
and post-events crews.
• You will be developing cleaning standards for both guest rooms and public areas
• You will play a key role in providing training to Room Attendants, ensuring the rooms are presented in
accordance with brand cleanliness standards
• You will have a keen eye for detail and the ability to recognize reoccurring cleaning issues
• You will be proficient in the use of cleaning equipment and chemicals, leading the team by example
• You will be responsible for purchase, re-order and maintaining housekeeping supplies and inventory
• You will be responsible for conducting pre-event inspections of all rooms, concourses, seating areas,
and public areas prior to opening for every event held at the Hotel.
• You will be responsible for recruiting, scheduling, and training all new housekeeping staff members.
• You will be responsible for maintaining the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and
expenses for all pre and post events.
• You will be responsible for determining and maintaining the department work schedule used to notify
staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event,
• You will ensure that appropriate tools/equipment are provided to employees
• You will have a good knowledge of hygiene requirements and safe working procedures.
• You will be responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance of all equipment
• You will have the ability to establish effective communication with all the departments in the hotel to
ensure the best outcomes for our guests
• You will have a good knowledge of hotel facilities to ensure all guest's requests are me
To be successful for this role you will need to have:
• A positive, genuine, friendly and team focused attitude
• Previous housekeeping supervisory experience in a similar Hotel environment
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to learn Property Management System quickly
• Be open to feedback
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask
• Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills and the ability to 'think on your feet'
• Ability to keep Housekeeping team motivated and engaged
• Impeccable personal presentation and high standard of grooming
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.