Location: Tamworth, NSW
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 plus applicable Super
The Powerhouse Hotel Tamworth by Rydges is seeking a highly motivated & enthusiastic hospitality professional to become a full time Food and Beverage Manager.
As Food and Beverage Manager you will have a primary focus on the smooth operation of the Food & Beverage department & provide support to other hotel departments when required. This dynamic, ‘hands on’ role will see you working closely with & reporting to the General Manager.
This full time role offers an immediate start to the successful candidate. Experience in a similar position would be advantageous, however training will be provided. You must be able to work a flexible roster including weekends & public holidays in the 24/7 hospitality industry.
- Manage day to day operations of the Food & Beverage Department – The Workshop Kitchen, Coal Bunker Bar & Events
- Rosters, stock management & budgets for the Food & Beverage department
- Attend to guest requests & guest feedback in a timely manner to ensure guest satisfaction
- Plan menus in consultation with Chefs
- Plan and organise special functions
- Select, train and supervise waiting and kitchen staff
- Take restaurant reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
- Ensure dining areas of the Food & Beverage department comply with health regulations, and are clean, functional, and of suitable appearance
- Provide back-up support to other departments & General Manager as required
- Undertake general clerical & administrative duties
- Ensure policies, procedures & standards are current, effective & clearly communicated
- Become a ‘Daymaker’ for guests & colleagues with a positive ‘can do’, friendly, professional manner
- To remain calm under pressure, make clear decisions, trouble shoot & multi task in an often busy environment
- To be a hotel role model by consistently displaying excellent interpersonal & communication skills & immaculate presentation
- To foster a positive team ethos throughout all areas of the hotel
- Passionate about hospitality
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Able to inspire & lead a team through a positive work ethic
If you feel you’re the right fit for this exciting, yet challenging position, please email your CV & brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.