Location: Parkes NSW
Salary: $45,000 + super
The CSIRO Parkes Radio Telescope is one of Australia's most prominent landmarks after it was featured in the move "The Dish" in 2000. The giant dish stands impressively high over the inland NSW farmland and has become a major tourist destination for overseas and Australian travelers. Attached to the Visitor Discovery Centre is the cafe restaurant, Dish Cafe. Dish Cafe is open seven days per week for breakfast and lunch, and has an abundance of outdoor seating right under the giant dish.
They are now seeking a bubbly, driven, and experienced cafe manager to join the team.
- Planning menus in consultation with Chefs
- Planning and organising special functions
- Arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- Maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- Ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
- Conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
- Selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
- May take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
- Two years of experience in similar managerial or supervisory role
- Driven, hard-working and the ability to lead a team
- Excellent communication skills