Salary: $54,000 + 9.5% Superannuation
Location: Canberra, ACT.
This authentic French Patisserie is located very close to the centre of Canberra, ACT. Running for over 35 years, this patisserie serves breakfast, lunch, fantastic coffee, and of course, a diverse range of delicious French baked goods and sweet treats. They now have an opening for an experienced baker.
Duties of the role:
- Preparing ingredients for baking (e.g. weighing, beating eggs etc.).
- Making and baking various baked goods including tarts, eclairs, danishes, macarons, etc.
- Kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods.
- Preparing pastry fillings.
- Working cohesively in a team environment.
- Ensuring all cooking equipment is clean and fit for use.
- Monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance
- Emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment.
- Adhering to WH&S standards and procedures.
- 2+ Years experience as a baker.
- A qualification in pastry/baking ideal.
- Experience with French pastries or in a French patisserie is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
What you will get in return:
- A salary package of $54,000 + 9.5% superannuation.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- Training in French baking techniques for the right applicant.