Full Time | Melbourne | Cook
* Salary: $53,000 - $55,000 +super
* Work type: Full Time
Gekkazan offers good-quality Japanese food in a casual dining setting specialising in beautifully presented and delicate-tasting sushi and sashimi.
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic and self- motivated Cook to join our hardworking team.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Availability to work varied shifts, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Ability to cope well under pressure and have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- The capacity to work quickly and efficiently in a busy environment
- Team player with exceptional cooking and communication skills
- Relevant qualifications or have previous experience in a similar role or environment
As a Cook, you usually perform many of the following tasks:
- Responsible for planning and directing menu
- Making sure food on the menu is available
- Be able to cooking all items on the menu
- Maintain strict hygiene and safety procedures
- Food preparation and seasoning food during cooking
- Portioning food, placing it on plates, and adding gravies, sauces and garnishes
- Controlling temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment
- Stock management and ordering
- Service across all areas of the kitchen
In return, we provide a great working environment, attractive salary and the chance to work with a great team of people. In addition we also offer many opportunities for development and career progression.
Only people with the relevant experience will be considered, and only applicants that have secured an interview will be contacted.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa.