Salary: $56,000 + Super
Location: Canberra City ACT
Tika Take is a modern gourmet restaurant on a mission to share fresh, top quality, healthy, unprocessed, natural, nutritious and super tasty food made to order in a fun and interesting way at an affordable price.
We currently have a vacant position for a chef to join our team at our restaurant.
- Planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies.
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation.
- Discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Dietitians and kitchen and waiting staff.
- Demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures.
- Preparing and cooking food.
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations.
- May select and train staff.
- May freeze and preserve foods.
- Minimum two years' experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery or Hospitality (e.g. Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery).
- Enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- Must have a passion for creating innovative, refined, delicious food of a high calibre.
Please APPLY NOW if you feel you suit this position.