Salary: $54,000 - $60,000 (experience dependent) + Superannuation
Location: Southern Highlands, NSW
We are currently looking for experienced and qualified chefs to join a range of our venues within the Southern Highlands region. We have open vacancies from pub hotels with delicious bistro menus to fine dining establishments, and everything in between.
You must have a minimum of two full-time years of experience as a chef (kitchen hand/ light cooking experience will not be counted). In return you will be able to showcase your skills and advance your career in one of Sydney's exciting and beautiful venues! These opportunities will suit chefs who are looking for their next exciting, challenging role.
- Planning menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies.
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation.
- Discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Dietitians and kitchen and waiting staff.
- Demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures.
- Preparing and cooking food.
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations.
- May select and train staff.
- May freeze and preserve foods.
- Minimum two years' experience as a chef.
- Qualifications in cookery (Australian qualifications preferred).
- A desire to work in a busy, challenging role.
- The ability to work extremely well in teams and the ability to handle the pressure of the kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
If this opportunity sounds like something you'd be interested in, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorships are available for the right candidates.