Full Time | Bendigo | Cook
Location: Bendigo, VIC
Work Type: Full Time
Our client -a busy cafe in Bendigo- is currently seeking an outstanding cook to join their team. You will be working alongside a team of supportive kitchen and management staff. This position is ideal for the candidate who enjoys a great work/life balance, a great laugh and learning from colleagues to further their culinary skills.
Responsibilities of this role includes:
- Prepping and cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner items according to standardized menu
- Ensuring stock is at a suitable, workable level and informing higher management of items requiring replenishing
- Organising and storing stock, utensils and equipment in a safe and hygienic manner
- Conducting inventory checks as required
- Cleaning up after workspace and surroundings
- Adhering to OH&S standards and procedures
- Working cohesively in a small team of kitchen staff
To apply for this position, you should have the following:
- 1.5+ years experience in a similar setting
- Australian trade certificate (e.g. Certificate III/ IV in Commercial Cookery or Diploma/ Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management)
- An excellent command of the English language (IELTS 6)
- A strong work ethic
- A sense of responsibility and integrity
- An eagerness to learn new recipes, methods of doing something, skills etc.
If you are interested in the above position, please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com. In your email, please also address your current visa status, its expiry date and whether you have IELTS 6 or not.